View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday & Thursday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Tuesday & Wednesday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
How to Reach Us
Office hours: Monday & Thursday 9-1, Tuesday & Wednesday 9-4, closed Friday
The duties and responsibilities of the Town Clerk are governed by State Statute. Responsibilities and duties of the Town Clerk include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recording documents related to real estate transactions and maintaining indexes of such records.
- Collection of conveyance taxes on real estate transactions.
- Filing and maintaining survey maps, trade names, military discharges and notary public certificates.
- Posting notices of meetings and filing minutes and notices from Boards and Commissions as required by Freedom of Information laws.
- Issuance of Absentee Ballots and assistance with elections and registration of voters.
- Issuance of marriage licenses and certified copies of vital records (birth, marriage, death).
- Annual registration of dogs.
- Sports licenses are sold in the town clerk's office.
Warren is served by the Litchfield Hills Probate Court which is located at:
Litchfield Town Hall, Town Office Bldg
74 West St., PO Box 505, Litchfield, CT 06759-0505.
Tel. 860-567-8065, Fax 860-567-2538.
Hours: Monday-Friday 9 AM-5 PM.
|Joanne C. Tiedmann||Town Clerk / Registrar of Vital Statistics||(860) 868-7881 ext. 101|